Presov: Drunk Banned Driver Charged After Crash in Jarovnice
včera 20:27
Presov/Bratislava, 18 May (TASR) - A 36-year-old man has been charged with endangering public under the influence of an addictive substance and obstructing the execution of an official decision, spokesperson of the Presov regional police Jana Ligdayova told TASR on Monday.
She explained that the man had been driving in the village of Jarovnice on Saturday evening (16 May) under the influence of alcohol, without a driving licence and despite a ban on driving all types of motor vehicles.
"While driving, he crashed into a stationary vehicle and didn't stop. The owner of the damaged car pursued him and signalled for him to stop, but the 36-year-old man did not react and crashed into the car again. Both men subsequently pulled over," Ligdayova said.
After a police patrol arrived, both men were given breathalyser tests. The 36-year-old driver's result showed two per mille of alcohol.
"Checks revealed that the man does not hold a driving licence and has been banned from driving all types of motor vehicles until October 2027. The drunk man was detained and taken to a police cell," she added.
mf